Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today:

Here are some pics from last night's outing to Cyrus O'Leary's.
Sigh.













Welp, today's "ticking" focus was on cooking, and I succeeded in making Julia Child's Beouf Bourgiugnon. I started cooking at 2 p.m. and dinner was ready around 7, so whew! I was tired. Unfortunately, my cook-fest coincided with a certain time of the month, and Blades Firestormer was not a happy cramper--I mean camper... (boo...)


Anyway, I took some pictures of the proccess, but when all was said and done, I was too excited to eat to mess with taking a pretty picture of the end result. I thought about skipping some of Julia's steps (they're plentiful!) but I thought since this was my first time trying this recipe, I'd complete the whole dang marathon of a recipe, including sauteing the mushrooms and braising the onions separately (ok, ok, I sauted the onions, then shoved them in with the rest of the stew for the last hour). Well, the stew was scrumptious. The meal got rave reviews from the fam, thanks in part to Jesse's yummy mashed potatoes. Jesse's taters simmering away.


The bourguigion. Also simmering.


Can you tell who the photographer was?








Jud and Molly were hoping to get some of whatever they were smelling. Didn't pan out for the pooches.

In other news, I dyed my hair last night! It turned out a little redder than I'd hoped, but alas. Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. Your stew sounds sooooooooo goooooood! I join Jud and Molly in my vain wishes to partake.

    What cut of beef does it call for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It calls for pretty much anything, although Julia recommends shoulder, bottom, or rump roast, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.