Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Yesterday I went over to Cousin Kelly's house to play. She showed me how to make these beautiful decorative eggs by blowing them out and covering them in Japanese paper. I wish I had pictures, but I don't...

While I was there, we chatted about Jesse's acceptance to grad school and my ambivalence about applying. She was kind enough to be my sound board, and I made a decision. Yesterday I took the plunge. My application to Kent and my work sample are in, my transcripts are on their way, and my requests for letters of recommendation have been sent. If I do get in, then I'll have big decisions to make. But for right now, why limit myself, right?

Here was my reasoning (mostly for my own mind-purging purposes)
  • I want to.
  • We were worried that it would be a financial investment with no pay off, but if times get hard in the future, I would be much more qualified to help Jesse in that area with a Master's.
  • Until we know more about our fertility situation, I don't want to limit my options.
  • I think it would be difficult to work over there, as the program is divided into 3 4-month periods in England, then France, then England again.
  • I want to see if I'd get in.

I hope everyone out there had a good week and will have an even better weekend. Anyone got any exciting plans for Halloween? I will be the official candy-hander-outer, which is just fine with me. Hopefully we'll get some pumpkin carving done today. I always miss my dad when I'm not around him at Halloween, as he is the best pumpkin carver in the known universe. As my sister and I got older, we helped with the carving, but mostly it was just fun to watch the strange grimaces Dad would create. Happy Halloween everybody!

    2 comments:

    1. I'm glad you're applying! As you say, there's no reason to limit yourself at this stage in the game.

      Check out this website: www.photograzing.com

      Also, I'm sorry to tell you this, but it is MY dad who is the best pumpkin carver in the known universe. So there.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh wow, I finally looked at that website, and I'm in love.

      ReplyDelete

    Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.