Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Day

Hooray! Today was a day of firsts! I ran 2 miles without stopping for the first time in my life! This is a kid who could barely pant through the mile in elementary school. I'm so excited for 3 weeks from now when I run my first three miles straight! Yaaay, much rejoicing.

Jesse and I also found a Filipino restaurant today, where I ate my first chiken adobo, which was delicious. Jesse had fun charming the old ladies with his fluent Cebuano. This was not a first.

And then, and then, and then! We went to a u-pick pumpkin patch/farm where we watched a pumpkin cannon shoot a pumpkin 900 yards! Definitely a first for me. We picked out pumpkins and apples and wandered through a hay bale maze. I cannot say how much I love Fall and harvesty, cozy things. Siiiigh. On a less euphoric note, we also got some of our student loan crap sorted out, so that's good.

And to wrap it all up, we ended the day with a session at the temple.




I told Jesse to make a Jack o' Lantern face. Pretty good.




Look at all these pumpkins! And there was another whole field!








Those pretty peachy pumpkins on my right are called cheese pumpkins. I'll have you know that I correctly identified them not by looking at the sign, but from a Martha Stewart article I read once. This was me being pleased with myself!




Pumpkin cannon.


People lined up to watch the launch.


Her name was Dolly. It musta been love...but it's over now.




Just some cute kids being cute kids in a straw maze.



Another one.




The bounty. Jesse's bounteous bottom.





The end.

2 comments:

  1. Surely it is one of the principle injustices of the universe that we have never been to a pumpkin patch together. This must be remedied.

    Future Annie/Jesse/Kathleen activities:

    1. Pumpkin patch
    2. Beach
    3. House of Whispering Firs
    4. Christmas tree cutting
    5. Christmas
    6. Thanksgiving
    7. Sunriver
    8. Farmers' market (preferably Amish)
    9. Foreign travel
    10. Disneyland
    11. Watching that movie about the kids who go look for the dead body (or something like that)
    12. Temple session
    13. Childbirth (Jesse only gets to participate if it's Kathleen doing the birthing)
    14. Celestial Kingdom stuff
    15. Peach-picking

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! "celestial kingdom stuff." and you mean Stand by Me what a good movie. But it's rated R, and we're trying to be good about that stuff now...

    My oh my, so much to do! And gardening.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.