Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Great Day at BYU-Idaho...or Spokane

Today was so awesome. We woke up early to have a lovely visit with Jesse's cousin Kelly. Then we met Neil at the glass shop to get his car window repaired and he took us out for sushi. (Then there were a few blah hours) and THEN...

We went online to check the status of Jesse's application to the University of Kent. We were very surprised to see that he has been given a conditional offer of acceptance! Our surprise was due to the fact that his application isn't complete--we've only turned in his application and transcripts. No letters of recommendation or work samples yet. The conditions of the offer are that he, of course, must send those, too. This was one of our favorite (or should I say favourite) programs, as it is a one-year master's program that takes place half in Canturbury, and half in Paris! So who knows if we'll be able to afford it, or if we'll decide to go somewhere else for some reason, or if we actually get pregnant and choose to complicate things further, or what, but hey! At least we know we have a direction to go! I'm so proud of Jesse, and so excited to finally have options!

I officially start work tomorrow from 9-1:00, and I'm a little nervous, but I think I'll do just fine.


Also, congratulations to Cam and Ryan on their new baby daughter!

3 comments:

  1. Sushi! SUUUUUSHIIIIIII!!!! WAAAAAHHHH woe is me WAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! D;} D;} D;}

    Okay done now.

    I'm still so jazzed for you about that. Jordan came over last night and, though Liz and I were sorely tempted to tell him, we supposed Jesse's aborted phone call to him meant he planned to spill the beans himself. So we refrained. Also Jordon brought us brownies. I know, right? Awesome. Also Bro. Bennion had a reading of his "poetic journey through the Book of Mormon" book tonight, and WOW. Fantastic. Also I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha, I just realized my comment makes it sound as if I'm "still jazzed" about your sushi meal, which may perhaps be in some degree true, but which is certainly much MORE true about the fact that JESS GOT ACCEPTED TO KENT! Woohoo! He's a viable gradschooler! Eee-YAAAAAAHHHH!!!! <---(Howard Dean impression)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I think your comments are much more entertaining than my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.