Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Promised Update

We're camped out here at the hotel in Portland, watching Food Network and being lazy louts. And it's Thanksgiving week on Food Network! But that's not the good news. We had our transfer yesterday! Everything went as well as our doctor could have hoped. We had two beautiful (yes, beautiful) little 4AA grade embryos tucked back in all cozy. If you're curious, that means they're already at the top of their class. And and aaand, the embryologist called this morning to tell me how many they were able to freeze. Ready for this? Seven. Yeah. Seven. And they were all of the best quality! So 9 out of 10 little guys (including the ones we used this transfer) made it, and made it to the highest grade. That's amazing. This is why we picked this clinic. Now we wait until the 23rd.

And I have to say, we have felt your thoughts and prayers very directly. Thank you so much.

8 comments:

  1. I'm smiling really big for you right now! Sending prayers and good baby vibes your way :) You and Jesse will make the best parents! It WILL happen and I can't wait for you! I know how it feels to fall into deep and personal feelings of despair and frustration. I also know that prayers are real and its only because of lots of prayer support and love that I'm pregnant after 3 years of trying and miscarrying. Sending all my love and support your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen and Jesse! What fantastic news! I am so happy you guys are steps closer to a baby. I don't know if you guys have heard but we are expecting a baby at the end of April!

    You guys deserve all the wonderful blessings coming your way. We will be praying for you during this next week. Enjoy all the turkey filled food network shows, I know I have been! TAKE IT EASY and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed. seriously. crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to pray! This is so exciting. I'm so glad things are going so well so far. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE 23RD!!!! I'm sure you guys can't either. Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's totally awesome! What a strange experience it all is, huh? I'm glad you've got some excellent eggs! Here's something to blow your mind... if you have to use your frozen eggs after to have success with this round of IVF, those kids will technically be the same age! Yeah, we thought about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shanna, I am so happy for you. We've thought a lot about you guys lately. Cat, that is WONDERFUL news! Val, thank you. Liz, you're awesome, and Larissa, that actually did blow my mind. Hadn't thought of that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that everything is looking good. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.