Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Good days

Today, Jesse and I had a doctor's appointment today--all is well! Then we hung around downtown Portland. We ate at P.F. Chang's and  walked over to Sur le Table (drool puddle) and Powell Books where we sat in the aisles reading all the Little Golden Books from our childhoods (is there anyone who doesn't love Richard Scarry?). And Jesse found his favorite Dr. Seuss book.

We also found this little number for Sarah who has a slug phobia:

We wandered around Clackamas Town Center (mall) saw The Help, which (as promised) was really good. It's been so nice to just hang out with my buddy!


Though not the most beautiful thing at Sur le Table, check out this wiener dog cookie cutter! Almost bought it. Should have bought it. Could have made Molly-shaped dog biscuits in my fictional Martha life.

After I picked up Jesse from the airport, I wanted to take him to Jam, an mmmm-delicious breakfast place Annie and I visited, but there was quite the waiting list. So, we headed next door to Hotlips Pizza (which, I'm told, is a Portland staple). Oh yum. Crispy thin crust but still yeasty, good sauce, foldinhalfable--totally Ninja Turtle Pizza.  (You know how it always looked so good, and then next time your family finally ordered pizza, you wished it had cartoon pepperoni and banjo-cheese?)
We're headed back to Spokane on Wednesday, then back here on Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know they still printed the slug book--I had that as a kid! (and still have it in storage) I also had The Hairy Book by Babette Cole.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.