Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mischief Managed!

After the Disappointing Pastry Incident, I am happy to report that Jesse, Neil, and I went out to breakfast at Le Petit Chat bakery, and we were very, very satisfied with our chocolate croissant, sausage and scallion croissant, and ham, cheese, and caramelized onion croissant (irrespectively). SO good. Coincidentally, I'm feeling rather sluggish today, and my little nap didn't help.


And by the way... I got into the University of Kent! Into the Canterbury/Paris program! Provided my letters of recommendation from past teachers get there and say more than, "Good luck with her, maybe you'll have better luck than I did." So, yay!!! Jesse and I discussed (more than just yippee! yippee! yippee! this time) the situation, and the OFFICIAL Jesse and Kathleen Plan is that yes, we shall be attending. We are sending in our letters of acceptance of a place tomorrow! Anyone want to join us over there? Or come to our graduation ceremony in the Canterbury Cathedral? We'll be 2 hours from Paris and Brussels, and 1 hour from London! And when we're in Paris, well, then the world is our toaster!

And, if I decide not to get my Masters, it is because I will be swollen with child. So there, I finally have a future!


Here, for your perusal, are pictures from our new home in Kent.


Yes, this is our new apartment...


And here's our backyard... (we've had to let several of our groundskeepers go. It's so hard to find good help.)



And this is Dover, where we shall summer.


And this is just pretty. And now that I look at it, might be a golf course. This must be our club.

4 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAYYEEEEEE!!! So happy for you guys!

    I laughed out loud at your photo captions.

    P.S. Food blog updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo!

    When will you be leaving and for how long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos. Your home is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Thanks! Wouldn't that be great?

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.