Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Appointment...

Isn't it funny how certain people just recharge you? I don't what the exact combination of character traits is--integrity, love, positive attitude, sincerity, humor--but today I was lucky enough to have encounters with two of these people (well, three if you count Jesse...I know, I know, sappy, ew, barf.) This morning we were just about to head out the door to our doctor's appointment, and in comes Kelly with breakfast from my favorite bakery! Not only did I love the flaky croissant, but her visit really pulled me out of my little nervous trance. What a gal.

Then we got to Dr. Hardy's office. I already was fond of him--he's our home teacher, after all--but man. What a nice guy. As we were telling him about our struggles getting pregnant, he literally got a little teary-eyed. He listened to everything we said, and exhibited such a good bedside manner. I left immediately from his office for work, and I felt so ready to face my coworkers who can be a bit, shall we say, draining. Ready is not even the word. I felt like my priorities were straight, and M's employees be darned.


So results: exam looked normal and healthy. Dr. Hardy thinks I probably have endometriosis based on my symptoms. The next step in diagnosing that would be surgery (hmm.), but while we decide about that, he's going to look at my bloodwork from my last doctor. Jesse is also having fun tests again. If we decide the surgery (a very minor laperoscopic procedure, but still spendy) isn't an option, he will do a dye test with an ultrasound to see if there's a blockage somewhere. So, no big answers, but we have a direction now. And we have a really good doctor. I'm feeling very positive.



Last night's dinner: sauteed chicken with a shallot, marsala, caramelized onion, sour cream sauce.



Tonight's dinner: French toast made from Great Harvest cranberry orange bread. Did you know eggnog is an excellent addition to French toast batter? This is my gift to you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you felt comfortable at the doctor's office! Doesn't a good doctor make all the difference?! Wow. Endometriosis. Not fun. You amaze me with your positive attitude! It does feel good to find answers and solutions. Now if we could only find the MONEY, right?!?! Anybody out there got some? Good luck trying to decide which route to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. Oh, the things I could do if I had the money! Someday, right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I'm glad you finally saw a doctor! And so glad he was so empathetic. I recently had a similar experience with a doctor, and it was such a relief that I became ratyher emotional afterward. Though I can't compare my own emotional expeiences with what you've been going through, I have been going through very similar physical difficulties, so I know how painful and upsetting it is. I'm glad things are on the right trtack now! Or at least being looked after.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.