Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

AHHHH!

So we're going on a cruise. In two weeks. My passport still has my maiden name on it. But that's ok, I can use my birth certificate (which I have in my posession) and my driver's license. Only, I have just noticed that my driver's license is expired... ... ... AAHH!

To obtain a Washington license, I must retake the written test. And the driving test. And then they send you your new license in a few weeks.

So I go to the US Postal Service website, and they tell me that in order to expedite my passport renewal, I must go to the Post Office in person. So we do, and the incredibly unhelpful man who wanted to go to his lunch shakes his head at us and tells us to "fill out this form, pay the extra for overnight when you send it in, but it probably won't get there in time."

We try a different approach. We go to the licensing office (I don't understand why this isn't done at the DMV here in good old Washington!) and it's closed because it's Monday.

So I called the cruise line, and they said I could board with my marriage license and my passport and my birth certificate. Progress.

Then I call South West Airlines, and I have to say, after all of my stupidity and others' stupidity, I finally talked to the nicest lady!

("Aw Girrrlfriend! When's your cruise, Baby?")

She then proceeded to warn me that drinks on the cruise cost money, but that they're goooood drinks, and that they'll have me all juiced up. She tells me to bring all of my documents (and lots of film) and that they'll let me on the plane. Then, when I get home, I need to go straight to the DMV and get everything worked out, cuz my documents are all "out of wack."

Thank goodness for people who don't just take their jobs for just jobs and pass you off to the next guy. I thanked her for being a person, and hung up. Carribean, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Reading that had my heart pounding. So glad you were able to work things out. I hate "knew-this-was-too-good-to-be-true" crises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHaHa! Sounds like the airline lady might be one of my folks from down South. Too funny! And nerve-racking...I'm glad everything got worked out. Geez, you and your "out of wack" papers, Kathleen! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.