Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekend in California

This last weekend, I crashed my parents' super romantic long weekend trip to California. Really though, I wanted to see some family and friends down there, and we don't get to that neck of the woods very often (hey, they asked if I wanted to come!).

We headed down to my Aunt Maxine and Uncle Jim's house in the Bay Area and had a nice visit with them and spent the night. 

Since I was little, my birthday cards have been signed  "Maxine, Jim, Patches [may she rest in peace], and Marshall." Marshall is now 21 years old and walks like the Tin Man before oil. He can't weigh more than 5 pounds, and he's a little hollow around the edges, but he is one well-loved kitty. Or Cakeface, Bob, Buffy, Pooky, El Pooko...you get the picture.


Then we walked around downtown Walnut Creek and window shopped at Restoration Hardware, Williams Sonoma, and Pottery Barn. Mmmm. We had a delicious dinner at Mom's friend Julie's house. It's nice to see people you've known your whole life. The next day we headed up to Redding to Aunt Susan's house for a dinner and games. Yesterday we continued north to Ashland for lunch with my grandparents and good chat. So that's what I did this weekend. Where was Jesse, you want to know?

More on that in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.