Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Recent Food Catch-up

Last night, I tried a new popover recipe. Popovers have always been a favorite in the Burnett (my mother's) family, and there is much mystery surrounding them: never open the oven in the middle of baking or they'll fall! My grandmother even swears her oven stopped being able to pop popovers, so now they can only eat them when someone else makes them. Well, I love the things, mostly because their hollow insides provide a perfect vehicle for butter and jam... I had to document how POPPED these guys were, just for posterity! And I'm glad I did, as they immediately fell when I turned the oven down. I'm talking flat as a pancake. Oh well, someday I'll understand why...
Before our cruise, we had a ton of crusty bread and lots of eggs to get rid of, so I made a strata. I used a recipe that called for spinach and pancetta (I used bacon), and it was delicious, I have to say. Crispy on top, sort of creamy in the middle. Very savory. Yum.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.