Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

First Word, a New Tooth, and Misconceptions

On Sunday, my dad was playing with Danny, lifting him up and saying "up!" Little Man started whispering "up" to be lifted. He said it enough consistently that we are convinced he knew what it meant, and it counts. Also, he can officially sit by himself. Also, he's cutting a top front tooth. In other milestone news, the new baby is kicking!




For 5 years we had dogs, and I find it hard to accept that Daniel is a human. When I'm cooking and I drop something, my first thought is to call for my little man cub to come eat it. When I have scraps, I think, "I should save these for Danny!" At the grocery store--with an obviously human baby in the cart--I get the urge to go down the pet toy aisle. "Maybe Danny would like a pig ear! Or a new rope!" Then there are days when I forget he's not quite a person yet either. He was playing with my phone in his carseat. I was expecting a call from Jesse, and my little mom brains figured that if the phone vibrated, I don't know, that Danny would answer it? Or at least let me know it was ringing.

All this aside, can I just gush for a sec? Our son is the happiest thing. When I tickle him now, he scrunches his face and laughs, and it's an emotional response rather than a purely physical one. I am so looking forward to playing tag and hide and seek and race cars and all that.

1 comment:

  1. He is growing up too quickly! I will need to come visit soon. I can't wait to see you all cute and pregnant too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.