Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas, as promised

This Christmas was our favorite so far. For the first time, we woke up in our own house and opened presents by ourselves. It was magical. Among the highlights in the gift department: superhero glasses for Jesse, a beautiful pitcher for me, nice bath towels, a gift certificate for a mani-pedi (yeah, for me), glass cannisters for our kitchen counter, and other nice stuff. Yes, this is me in the morning.

So every year, mom made a cinnamon roll braid for Christmas breakfast, and I swear, every year she'd apologize for it not rising properly (even though it was always good). Mom, turns out the secret to a light and fluffy braid is to buy the damn dough.


Jud and Molly had a nice Christmas and got a rope-duck that lasted aproximately 4 days.

 I surprised Jesse with adoption papers. Planning on turning those in this spring.
 Our windowsill caroler with the sunrise behind her.

 We found lots of Jesse's old mission stuff in the move, so I put together a memory shadow box for him.
Then we spent the evening with family. A really nice Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. When you said "superhero glasses" I thought you meant the kind that Clark Kent wears. Er...no. Btw--congrats on the adoption papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read 'super-hero glasses', I thought you meant fake horn-rimmed mild-mannered alter-ego eyeglasses a la Clark Kent. Which would also probably be a good present for Jesse, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting such an awesome memory for both of you! I miss your faces, but am so happy you had your own family time!

    You are both incredible, and I love you to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome Christmas. Isn't it nice to just spend it with each other?

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.