Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Greener Grass

Isn't it funny when you have a plan, and you feel mostly content to stick with that plan, and then something new comes along--some unexpected alternative. And suddenly, the old plan just won't do anymore...

"Oh Kathleen, stop being so cryptic. We casual blog-stalkers don't have the time or investment to play guessing games."

Well, Jesse and I have decided to try out for the Playmill Theatre in West Yellowstone, Montana. We sort of thought this experience was something we'd just never get to do (and may not still), but when Jesse checked the Playmill website on Thursday and realized auditions hadn't happened yet, we laughed. Then we sat in silence for 10 minutes. Then we decided if we could clear our weekend and get audition pieces together, we'd do it. Well, within 2 days, we had our stuff together, found a sub for my Beehives' lesson, found someone to cover my shift at work (hopefully!), got an accompanist to practice with us here, and called up an old friend to play for us at the audition. So here goes nothing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so happy for you!!!! Ok, so I am thinking of doing all I can to be there this weekend!

    I was thinking of trying to get a job as the stage manager or technician this summer there! I think with the added bonus of being a certified EMT would give me a boost! We'll see!

    Oh my gosh I love you and will see what I can do to get to you guys! EEK!!!!

    PS I needed that visit with you guys last month, it really helped heal my soul in so many ways! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should talk to Stacey Starke. I think she's the right hand guy for them this season. We miss you! But if you can't get up there this weekend, don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.