Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're back.


Well, after a long, rainy, foggy drive yesterday, we arrived in Spokane (thanks to Jesse's mad skills) around 8:00. Jesse's off job-hunting now, and I've got a lot of catch-up to do around here.


As we drove home yesterday, I approached Spokane with some misgivings. Medford doesn't seem like home, nor does the Applegate--where my parents now live--and Spokane seems to hold onto my heartstrings with all the gusto of a weak cup of tea. Poor Jesse. Lately, he's my husband, taxi driver, therapist, children, mother, girlfriend, and exercise consultant. That's a tall order. But he listens to my rants faithfully, and maybe--who knows?--by the time we leave Spokane, we'll feel connected to this place. But I sort of doubt it.


In Medford, it was great to see our friends Sav and Adam, and Becky and Phil. We've missed them (and their adorable babies)! It was also good to reconnect with some of Jesse's family down there. And of course, my mom and pop. Had some yummy Chinese food, took some nice walks, had a "Have Gun, Will Travel" marathon with Dad, had a great visit with my grandparents, and had a generally nice time. In the car we finished Julia Child's My Life in France, which was very good. I was also pleased to find out that I don't work today.


So on we go... Robert and Diana will arrive tonight and will have their reception this Saturday (I'm sheduled to work) and Jesse and I are speaking Sunday. It's also my turn for the lesson in Young Women's. So a busy weekend planned. I did not get the writing done I wanted to last week, but I am working on a little bit of a secret project...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.