Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Secret's Out.

What a strange thing to be pregnant again. After everything. And so soon.

I have a blog friend who I feel like I've met. She went to BYU-Idaho around the time I was there. She has a Dachshund. And she and her husband have been struggling with infertility for years. I first started following her blog in 2009 after basically googling "LDS infertility." A while ago, they did the InVitro thing and got pregnant. And then they miscarried. They had no frozen embryos. She was brave enough to post her journal entries after it was all said and done, and the long and short of it was...heartbreaking. I mean the kind of heartbreak you only maybe come back from.

We found out we were pregnant around 7 weeks this time. I had been feeling sick for a few weeks and thought I had a bug. How are we those people? How am I that person?

We know how lucky we are, and how...anecdotal our situation is. We're so very happy and excited. And I somehow feel like I'm leaving people behind.

We used to dread Mothers Day. We should have just stayed home from church, but we went anyway, all martyred-up. I'm not complaining now (though I did plenty then), just trying to process our new place in this funny world.

Anyway, if you know someone who, for whatever reason, hasn't had the opportunity to have babies of their own, pay them a little extra kindness on Sunday, would you?

5 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, you and Jesse are in for the ride of your lives! When we got pregnant the second time around Lydia was barely 8 mos. old. Everyone kept telling me how hard it was going to be and I kept thinking it'll be like having twins (almost) because they will be close to the same levels of thinking. Wowsa people were right it is nearly impossible to keep up with those two, but I'd also say that as hard as it is, it's doubly rewarding to be their mama and to see their understanding of things expand it truly is the best! Good luck and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to see the next installment of the Thorsons!!!! Another wonderful baby for me to spoil and love!!! PS I need to come and visit you soon! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love you Thorson. Love, love, blinkin move lady.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.