Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

6 Years

Saturday was our anniversary, and it was the best yet, I think. We used to try to splurge on our anniversary, but we were always sort of disappointed and felt like our plans never quite met our expectations. So each year we've gotten more and more laid back about things, and each anniversary has been better than the last.

We had planned on working on our coffee table all day (post to come), but other things came up. Things like peach picking. The 49ers were ready to go, so we answered the call with my mama. We met up at Sugar Plum Orchards in Phoenix and picked around 180 pounds of GORGEOUS peaches in around 40 minutes. It was over too soon.






We dropped by Grandma and Grandpa's in Ashland to split up the loot, and wouldn't you know, Grandma just happened to have some homemade chocolate eclairs lying around. So we stayed for a visit.

On the way home, we stopped by the outlet stores and scored some fall/winter clothes for a steal. I was all set to make a fancy dinner when we got home, but we nixed that and Jesse made scrambled eggs (we had my family over for dinner the next day and cooked the nice dinner then). I processed the really ripe peaches and Jesse entertained me with youtube videos, and then we called it a night!

Jesse also got me an orchid, because every real lady should have an orchid.

6 comments:

  1. Oh how I love you both! I'm so glad you had such a great Anniversary. You both deserve it, you should be celebrated and wrapped in love! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read that, I thought it said "you should be celebrated and wrapped in a towel"...

      Delete
    2. That too, or a comfy robe from ASDA!

      Delete
  2. Jacob's parents just brought home about two crates worth of pizzas, so on Sunday night, his dad made Paula Deen's peach cobbler. And it was undeniably amazing.

    On another note, I'm so glad you two are in the world. More specifically, that you're in the world and TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you and Jacob are in the world together, too. Jesse and I were talking about couples we know who just belong together and make sense. You guys were at the top of the list.

      Delete
  3. Anyone else notice that Liz said something about "crates of pizzas"?

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.