Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Swimming Hole and Children's Festival

Yesterday we went up to Jesse's Mom's house to visit his sister and brother-in-law who were over from Christmas Valley. We all went down to the swimming hole to cool off. Then we stole our nephew Khelben and took him to the Children's Festival in Jacksonville. I have to say, I love the Children's Festival. Mom used to volunteer every year, and Erin and I would help with bringing drinks and snacks to all the workers. Sometimes we painted faces, and sometimes we talked for the dragons from behind the two-way mirrors. I never wanted the sessions to end!

It was so fun to take a kid and be on the other end of things this year. Khelben had a blast and was a dream. He and Jesse built a sword, he made a leather necklace, petted snakes, made a plaster print of his hand, got knighted, ate snowcones and cotton candy, played with giant bubbles, and got his face painted like Spiderman. Have I said how much I love summer?





















1 comment:

  1. Loving the Spiderman mask. This was definitely missing from my childhood :)

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.