Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day

Jesse and I all ready to head to the Ashland parade. 21 weeks here. Yes, I know Jesse looks awesome in a kilt.
 Jess and Dad waiting for the jet flyover
 As per usual, the parade was replete with characters...
Gotta love Ashland.
 No one told me my hat was backwards.
 Our Beckah was walking with the animal shelter, and somehow I got distracted by this wienie and only took a picture of her feet... Sorry Beck.

 Our dear old friend Kendra was walking with Camelot Theatre.
 We even ran into our nephew, Oliver (in orange), who was with his grandparents!
 Speaking of, these are my wonderful grandparents. We went to their house after the parade for lunch and swimming. While Jesse, Dad, and I were at the parade, everyone else was making peach ice cream and getting sandwiches and potato salad ready.


I LOVE the fourth of July!

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear Ashland!

    We were in the Rexburg parade as part of a float to advertise for the BYUI Theatre Camp, and we were all in costume. Jacob and I threw together some hippie costumes (all from my own clothing), Jacob found a long wig in the costume shop, and he wandered the crowds beside the float and serenaded them with a guitar. We found out later that apparently some people didn't know he was with the Theatre Camp...they thought he was just some hippie wandering the crowds with a guitar. Which, in Rexburg, is totally unusual.

    Also, YOU HAVE A CUTE BABY BUMP AND I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you both look so happy and so full of life! I love it! Ashland looks wonderful, and you seem at home.

    Your Baby bump is so adorable!

    Jesse... you rocked the kilt! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tummy!

      Love the tiny flag attached to the hot dog costume. Really completes the look, I feel.

      Delete
  3. The best part of this post is how content you look with your hat on backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the Captain America/Kilt combo. And I hope it's not the last time. This could be huge.

    Small town parades are pretty rad. They can't help being what they are. A beautiful display of human endeavor and spectacle.

    And I'm excited for this baby. Because Jesse despite everything else he screws up, will probably be a great dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All joking aside, yeah, he's going to be pretty incredible.

      Delete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.