Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Warning: this post may offend your sensibilities.

Annie and I thought we'd get a birdfeeder. Like ya do. So when I was ordering my groceries online at Tesco, I looked them up. My options were a little surprising: I could purchase either a "Peanut Pecker" or "Fat Balls." That's right. Fat Balls are made up of seeds and beef fat (cuz cows are birds' natural prey) and are available in packages of two. I know. So I thought what the hay, and ordered both.

I was still asleep when the Tesco delivery man came this morning. Do you know what it's like to wake up to someone informing your husband (in a loud Conckney voice) that they were out of Peanut Peckers and had just given him two packages of Fat Balls? I think we got shortchanged.

4 comments:

  1. #1. That's hilarious!
    #2. They deliver your groceries?! Sign me up to move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you shop online and choose your delivery time. I costs like 4 or 5 pounds extra, but to take the train into town is about the same. It's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. The English are so dirty. Or naive. I vote dirty.

    There's a line in 30 Rock about a character named Fat Balls that Val and I always quote to each other.

    TRACY: What about Fat Balls?
    DOTCOM: He's in the Restaurant Management program at (Some) College.
    TRACY: Well, go ahead Fat Balls! -Pause- That's a good program.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.