Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

1:00 A.M.

Halloween, first words, Sarah's visit. All things I haven't written about here. I will, but right now, as I let my toenails dry before I get under the sheets, all I can think about is baby.

We visited the OB today, and I half expected him to say I hadn't progressed at all (as he did last week). But today, at 38 weeks, he began to talk about this thing like it's really going to happen. He's not a big induction guy, but he seemed to think I'm a good candidate for one, and that next week would be a good time. I never really considered being induced, but the doc will be out for Thanksgiving week and I'd really like him to be there for this girl's coming out party.

So. This could be our last weekend to get things done. This is definitely the last time I'll paint my toes  (not important, but floating around my head. Also, can't reach anymore). This Sunday could be our last with one kid at church. We'll remember bringing both our kids home to this apartment. On that note, we haven't lived in one place long enough for me to consistently remember our address in the past 7--10!--years. How did we become a family of 4 here?

It's all so different than it was with Daniel. The doctor said he would predict a 6 hour labor if I were induced next week. Wha??? Daniel took 28. I caught myself thinking how silly people are for packing a hospital bag. After all, I'll just run home and grab anything I need right? Or are we not staying for 6 weeks this time? This time, the nursery is all ready. Last time, we stayed up all night painting when we found out our little boy could come home. All the clothes are sorted. We've already had our baby showers. She might be able to nurse! Jesse won't be working nights! Different!

Anyway, the little girl is doing well. She's a squirmy worm and I swear she's going to curl around my back here pretty soon. Besides feeling like I swallowed an octopus, I'm feeling fine. Can't complain too much (though I do, poor Jesse).

Danny's busy tearing down the world and being the sweetest boy ever. Jesse's busy with work and school, but still finds the time to be my lifter/carrier/cheerleader/emotional support person.

Catch ya later.

1 comment:

  1. A few things. This font...Big NO. Its tricky.
    Second point having an induction for a doctor to be there is a bonkers idea.No offence but I've done both ways, and don't know anyone who has done both who would opt for an induction.
    How can that doctor predict anything timewise.
    This all sounds neg, but I love you and you're hot.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya, thanks for checking in--we love hearing from you.